The Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine Andri Kluyev to ensure coordination in the field of European integration of Ukraine and interaction with EU institutions
According to paragraphs 1, 3 and 17 of part 1 of the Article 106, the Article 107 of the Constitution of Ukraine, I decide:
President of Ukraine
12 March 2013
The National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine
DECISION of 12 March 2013
On Urgent Measures on European Integration of Ukraine
With a view to ensuring further development of strategic partnership of Ukraine with the European Union, its Member States on the principles of political association and economic integration, finalization of the process of conclusion of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement in 2013 and its further implementation, as well as fulfillment of arrangements, reached at the 16th Ukraine-EU Summit, the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine decided:
1) To take measures on ensuring adoption of legislative and issuing other acts, envisaged in the Action Plan on Liberalisation by the EU of the Visa Regime for Ukraine, as well as preparation and submitting for consideration of the European Commission the 3rd Progress Report on Implementation by Ukraine of the mentioned Action Plan;
2) To ensure:
a) Monthly reporting to the EU on measures, taken by Ukraine with a view to implementing necessary benchmarks for the signing of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement in 2013, including taking into account of the FAC Conclusions of 10 December 2012;
b) Practical facilitation of activities of the Monitoring Mission of the European Parliament in Ukraine;
c) Implementation in the set deadlines and in full scope the plan of priority measures on integration of Ukraine to the EU for 2013, approved by the Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 13 February 2013 № 73, as well as the plan of priority measures on improving electoral legislation, approved by the Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 4 March 2013 № 103;
d) Following consideration of the draft Law of Ukraine on Amending the Article 98 of the Constitution of Ukraine (on competence of the Accounting Chamber) (Reg. No. 2049) by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
3) To elaborate within three months with the EU the issue of allocation of EU assistance on implementation by Ukraine of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement;
4) To take measures on ensuring financing of expenses of the State Budget of Ukraine, related to implementation of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine, Law of Ukraine on the Bar, the National Preventive Mechanism in accordance with the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention Against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment;
5) To facilitate, in cooperation with Kyiv, Mykolaiv, Cherkassy regional administration and Kyiv city administration, establishment of necessary conditions to prepare and hold re-elections of people’s deputies of Ukraine in single-mandate election districts;
6) To draft, taking into account the Seventh Ukraine-EU Report on implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding between Ukraine and the EU on cooperation in energy field and to Conclusions of the meeting between the EU Commissioner for Energy and the Minister for Energy and Coal of Ukraine of 21 February 2012, a comprehensive plan of measures for 2013 on enhancing cooperation between Ukraine and the EU in the field of energy and to approve it within one month;
7) To prepare and to submit in compliance with established procedures the bill on ratification by Ukraine of the Memorandum of Understanding between Ukraine and the EU and Loan Agreement between Ukraine, National Bank of Ukraine and the European Union on EU macrofinancial assistance to Ukraine.
1) To follow consideration of the draft Law of Ukraine on ratification of the Agreement between Ukraine and the EU amending the Agreement between Ukraine and the EC on the Facilitation of the Issuance of Visas (Reg. No. 0015) by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
2) To elaborate and by 20 March 2013 to introduce in compliance with established procedures the proposals on possible modalities of participation of Ukraine in the EU training mission in Mali.
1) To take measures in interaction with other central executive authorities of Ukraine towards ensuring proper implementation by Ukraine of decisions of the European Courts of Human Rights, implementation of the Council of Europe’s recommendations on conditions of detention and medical assistance to detained persons;
2) To intensify its activities, with involvement of international experts, in preparing proposals on improvement of electoral legislation of Ukraine;
3) To ensure preparation by 1 October 2013, with involvement of auxiliary bodies established by the President of Ukraine and taking into account European standards, of draft laws on reforming the Supreme Council of Justice of Ukraine, the prosecution and the status of judges with a view of forwarding them for consideration of the European Commission To Democracy Through Law (the Venice Commission) and receiving the relevant proposals.
4. The Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine to take measures to prepare and hold within 2 months the inauguration meeting in the framework of the launched Ukraine-EU dialogue on business climate.
5. The Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine to ensure preparation by 1 October 2013 in the framework of the Committee on Reforming Law-Enforcement Bodies and taking into account European standards, of draft Laws on reforming law enforcement bodies with a view of forwarding them for consideration of the European Commission To Democracy Through Law (the Venice Commission) and receiving the relevant proposals
Head of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine V. Yanukovych
Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine A. Kluyev